Located in the heart of Downtown Dubai, the Dubai Opera House is the place where the best performances of international music and art meet the eclectic and futuristic lifestyle of the most incredible city in the Middle East.
The Dubai Opera is an architectural masterpiece that shines in one of the most beautiful and impressive corners of Dubai, and today hosts musical events, concerts, conferences and much more.
Dubai Opera Tour: How can I visit Dubai Opera?
Its shape resembles a Dhow, the traditional wooden boat, and its structure dominated by transparent and bright surfaces attracts the curiosity of passers-by.
To admire this architectural masterpiece it is not necessary to buy a ticket for one of the shows, because the best way to visit it and find out more about its history, the secrets of the backstage and the impressive technology behind the shows in Dubai Opera, is to participate in the Architecture Tour that the staff offers daily.
The Dubai Opera Tour allows you to see the artistic wonders and take in a breathtaking panorama of the city. Guided tours are in English or Arabic, last approximately 45 minutes and take place several times a day. It is necessary to book the ticket online in advance.
5 Interesting Things to Know About Dubai Opera
1. The Dubai Opera House took around 3 years to complete, and hosted its first performance on August 31, 2016.
2. The Dubai Opera was designed by award-winning architect Janus Rostock, a collaborator of renowned engineering and architecture firm Atkins.
3. The Dubai Opera House can accommodate up to 2000 spectators. Its interiors are elegant and modern at the same time, while the transparent glass foyer, designed to let in as much natural light as possible, does not go unnoticed.
4. The Dubai Opera House was designed as a multipurpose building, so that it can be transformed according to the type of performance: from a concert hall it can become a theater, or a congress hall, or even a banquet hall with a flat floor. Hydraulic systems automatically move the seats to special storage areas, thus changing the room configuration.
5. Every single detail has been painstakingly designed, from the hi-tech acoustic system, which ensures excellent acoustics, to the huge 3-storey high chandelier made up of over 2900 LED lights.
Why is Dubai Opera so interesting?
The Dubai Opera House has quickly become one of the most important artistic and cultural centers in the UAE. With the construction of a magnificent Opera House, Dubai has established itself as a modern city with an international spirit, attentive to culture and artistic sensitivity.
Thanks also to experienced personalities, such as its conductor Jasper Hope from London’s Royal Albert Hall, the Dubai Opera has been able to attract the best events on the world scene.
Its structure is a masterpiece of technology, which allows it to perform numerous functions, thus becoming an important exhibition center, capable of hosting meetings, concerts and performances.
It is worth visiting, as well as for its beauty, to discover the secrets of high technology that make this place unique for its acoustic and aesthetic qualities.
The Dubai Opera District is located in front of the Dubai Fountain and the Burj Khalifa, in a particularly scenic and ultra-modern context, which houses several art galleries, schools of performing arts and many other artistic and cultural landmarks.
If you are interested in discovering the architectural wonders of Downtown Dubai, you can join this guided walking tour.
The rooftop of the Dubai Opera houses an eclectic and refined restaurant, called The Loft, which boasts a sky garden overlooking the Burj Khalifa and a bar which serves signature cocktails and premium beverages.
Dubai Opera Dress Code
There is no specific dress code to participate in the Dubai Opera Tour.
If you want to attend a Dubai Opera Show, it is best to dress formally, closed shoes, black tie and suit for men and an elegant dress, with heels or sandals, for women.
Dubai Opera Timings
The Dubai Opera House is open from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.
The Dubai Opera Tour runs approximately every hour, from 10 AM to 8 PM, but advance booking is required.
If you want to buy tickets for a show, the Box Office is located in the Dubai Opera Plaza, easily accessible from the car park. The opening hours of the Box Office are from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
How to Get to the Dubai Opera House
You can get there easily with the Hop On Hop Off double-decker buses, which stop right outside the entrance to the Dubai Mall.
To go there by metro, get off at Burj Khalifa Station (Red Line) and follow the signs for Dubai Opera (about 30 minutes walk). While to go there by bus, the closest stop is Dubai Mall Metro Station.
To save up to 60% on attractions and admission tickets, I recommend purchasing the Dubai iVenture Card Unlimited Pass, which includes access to all of Dubai’s best experiences.
Planning your trip to Dubai? Then you should check out the GUIDE TO THE BEST THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN DUBAI.