The public bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is one of the most convenient ways to travel between the two major cities of the UAE.
In this article, you will find everything you need to know to easily move between the two cities using the public bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, including updated information on timings and fares. You will also find some useful advice to better organize your trip, optimizing time and costs.
Traveling by Bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi: Routes and Timings
The distance between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is approximately 150 km. The journey takes about 1.5 hours by car, while by bus it takes almost 3 hours.
Traveling by bus is definitely not the most comfortable and fastest way to travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but it is certainly the cheapest.
There are three bus routes from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, departing from the two main Dubai stations:
- Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, located in Bur Dubai and easily accessible from the Dubai Creek and Deira area. You can get there with the Dubai Metro Green Line.
- Ibn Battuta Bus Station, adjacent to Ibn Battuta Mall, more convenient for those in the modern area of Dubai, such as Dubai Marina. You can get there with the Dubai Metro Red Line.
The three intercity bus routes, all operated by RTA (Dubai’s public transport authority), are:
- Bus E100: from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station. The ride takes about 2.15 to 3 hours.
- Bus E101: from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station. The journey takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Bus E102: from Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Mussafah Shabiya Bus Station in Abu Dhabi. The journey takes approximately 2 to 2.15 hours.
Bus E102 also stops at Abu Dhabi International Airport. From Ibn Battuta Bus Station to Abu Dhabi International Airport it takes about 1.5 hours (but if you have to fly, don’t keep up with the times!).
Useful Tips for Your Trip:
- The best way to go from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is to book an easy, comfortable and inexpensive private transfer from Dubai to Abu Dhabi or wherever you want.
- You can easily visit Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and other major attractions on a guided day tour from Dubai.
- In Dubai, don’t miss the unforgettable experience of visiting the Burj Khalifa with Lunch or Dinner at Rooftop The Burj Club.
- If you want to visit the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Aquarium, you can find skip-the-line tickets at a discounted price here.
Do you want to visit the Dubai Expo? Here you can find tickets at a discounted price!
Bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi Timings
Buses from Dubai to Abu Dhabi are quite frequent and run from early morning to late evening.
- Bus E100 from Sunday to Wednesday operates from 4.30 AM to midnight, while on the weekend the last bus is at 1.00 AM. Runs approximately every 15 minutes.
- Bus E101 from Sunday to Wednesday operates from 4.45 AM to 11.15 PM, on Thursdays from 4.15 AM to 1.15 AM, on Friday from 5.15 AM to 1.45 AM, and on Saturday from 5.45 AM to 0.15 AM. Runs approximately every 20 minutes.
- Bus E102 from Sunday to Thursday operates from 5.30 AM to 10.30 PM, on Friday from 6.30 AM to 11.30 PM, and on Saturday from 5.30 AM to 10.30 PM. Runs about every hour.
What is the fare of the bus ticket from Dubai to Abu Dhabi?
The ticket for the Bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi costs 25 AED (6.80 $ / 5.75 €). The fare is the same regardless of which bus you take.
To take the bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi you need the NOL Card. The NOL Card is a contactless card for paying for public transport. It can be purchased and recharged at any bus station or Dubai Metro station.
Alternatively, you can go to the ticket office of the bus station and buy a paper ticket, at the same price.
Is it worth traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by bus?
It depends. If you are a backpacker and are traveling on a budget then it could be a good solution. However, consider that once you arrive in Abu Dhabi, you will have to go around mainly by taxi, since the things to see are quite distant from each other.
Travelers who want to visit Abu Dhabi on a day trip can take advantage of one of the guided tours that depart daily from Dubai, which include round-trip transport with pickup from your hotel in Dubai and a professional multilingual guide.
Another great way to get from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is to rent a car: it’s cheap, easy and allows you to get around in complete freedom! Here you will find all the useful tips on the most reliable and cheapest car rentals in Dubai.
Another convenient alternative (especially if you have luggage to carry) is to book a private transfer from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, which guarantees you a punctual and fast service.
Are you planning your trip? These tips may come in handy:
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN DUBAI
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN ABU DHABI
USEFUL TIPS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO TO DUBAI
USEFUL ADVICE ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR DUBAI